Mamma Amelia is our trusted advisor for employing onions in cooking. Here is some advice to prepare a really delicious onion soup.
Do you want to stun everyone with an excellent onion soup au gratin? These are the ingredients you need, the doses and how to prepare it.
- 400 g of onions
- 4 spoonfuls of butter
- 4 cups of reduced meat broth
- 8 small, thin slices of toasted bread
- 4 spoonfuls of grated Swiss cheese
- 4 spoonfuls of grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel, rinse and thinly slice the onions
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan, add the onions and fry until they start to turn golden
- Add the broth, bring to the boil and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper
- Pour the soup into 4 small terracotta dishes, garnish each one with 2 toasted bread slices and sprinkle the bread with the two cheeses you have already mixed
- Grill in the over at 220°-250° C and serve
Rosé wine, lager beer or low mineral water.
A recipe for all seasons.