Sweet and sour red onions are a very aromatic side dish which is prepared with red onions and a blend of water, vinegar and sugar. They are excellent spread on a good homemade bread, but also as a side dish for meat and fish.
If you want to prepare an excellent dish of sweet and sour red onions, these are the ingredients you need, the doses and how to prepare it. Sweet and sour red onions are a vegan dish which is arousing great interest once again. Have fun preparing it!
- 100 ml of water
- 2 spoonfuls of white wine vinegar
- 5 g of sugar
- 300 g of red onions
- 1 spoonful of extra virgin olive oil
- Mint leaves to decorat
- 2 people
- 100 Kcal for portion
- difficulty easy
- ready in45 minutes
- vegetarian and vegan recipe
- light recipe
- can be prepared in advance
- Blend the given doses of water, vinegar and sugar.
- Clean the onions, eliminating the outer papery skin and cut in wedges.
- Place the oil and onions in a small frying pan and fry over a high heat for 2 minutes, mixing often. Then add the blend of water, vinegar and sugar, a pinch of salt, bring back to the boil and cook covered over a medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- At the end of this time, remove the lid, turn up the heat, add a pinch of salt and allow to dry out. Towards the end, add a further powdering of sugar to help the glazing.
- Serve decorated with mint leaves.
Ideal course pairings
Meat and fish main courses.
A recipe for all seasons.